Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Record production and operational data, such as amount of materials processed.
- Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Identify and mark materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Load materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Remove materials and products from machines and equipment, and place them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Transfer materials and products to and from machinery and equipment, using industrial trucks or hand trucks.
- Shovel or scoop materials into containers, machines, or equipment for processing, storage, or transport.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $31,380 with most people making between $18,990 and $55,470
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 5,230 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 5,130 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 120 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Construction Laborers
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Molding and Casting Workers
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand