Wash or otherwise clean vehicles, machinery, and other equipment. Use such materials as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses.
- Clean and polish vehicle windows.
- Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Apply paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore color or condition.
- Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
- Maintain inventories of supplies.
- Press buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
- Drive vehicles to or from workshops or customers' workplaces or homes.
- Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
- Monitor operation of cleaning machines and stop machines or notify supervisors when malfunctions occur.
- Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $25,070 with most people making between $18,240 and $36,860
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 12,520 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 13,620 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 110 openings due to growth and about 440 replacement openings for approximately 550 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
- Slaughterers and Meat Packers
- Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Packers and Packagers, Hand