Help production workers by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Yeast Pusher
- Yarn Mercerizer Operator Helper
- Wrapping Machine Helper
- Wrapper-Hands Sprayer
- Woodworking Shop Hand
- Woodworker Helper
- Wood Preserving Plant Laborer
- Wood Pole Treater
- Wood Handler
- Wire Weaver Helper
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Measure amounts of products, lengths of extruded articles, or weights of filled containers to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Separate products according to weight, grade, size, or composition of materials used to produce them.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of liquids or air, to reverse machines, to start pumps, or to regulate equipment.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
- Dump materials such as prepared ingredients into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Ohio was $31,710 with most people making between $21,290 and $44,780
During 2016, this occupation employed approximately 18,320 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 19,740 employed in 2026.
This occupation will have about 142 openings due to growth and about 2,828 replacement openings for approximately 2,970 total annual openings.
- Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Solderers and Brazers
- Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders