Operate or tend bonding machines that use adhesives to join items for further processing or to form a completed product. Processes include joining veneer sheets into plywood; gluing paper; or joining rubber and rubberized fabric parts, plastic, simulated leather, or other materials.
- Automatic Gluing Machine Operator
- Automobile Brake Bonder
- Band Builder
- Band Edger
- Bead Preparer
- Blanket Winder Operator
- Board Liner Operator
- Bonding Machine Operator
- Bonding Molder
- Align and position materials being joined to ensure accurate application of adhesive or heat sealing.
- Adjust machine components according to specifications such as widths, lengths, and thickness of materials and amounts of glue, cement, or adhesive required.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and report or resolve problems.
- Start machines, and turn valves or move controls to feed, admit, apply, or transfer materials and adhesives, and to adjust temperature, pressure, and time settings.
- Fill machines with glue, cement, or adhesives.
- Perform test production runs and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that completed products meet standards and specifications.
- Examine and measure completed materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as tape measures, gauges, or calipers.
- Read work orders and communicate with coworkers to determine machine and equipment settings and adjustments and supply and product specifications.
- Remove and stack completed materials or products, and restock materials to be joined.
- Maintain production records such as quantities, dimensions, and thicknesses of materials processed.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Achievement in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $35,890 with most people making between $23,920 and $52,250
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,500 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 1,490 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 40 replacement openings for approximately 40 total annual openings.
- Converted Paper Product Manufacturing $33,070
- Plastics Product Manufacturing $26,390
- Veneer, Plywood, and Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing $30,040
- Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing $32,820
- Rubber Product Manufacturing $33,790
- Household and Institutional Furniture and Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturing $26,040
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Tree Trimmers and Pruners
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Highway Maintenance Workers
- Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Roof Bolters, Mining
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Machine Feeders and Offbearers
- Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators