Set up, operate, or tend machines to mix or blend materials, such as chemicals, tobacco, liquids, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
- Abrasive Mixer
- Acetylene Cylinder Packing Mixer
- Acid Adjuster
- Acid Blower
- Acid Mixer
- Alum Operator
- Ammonia Worker
- Asphalt Blender
- Asphalt Mixer
- Asphalt Mixing Machine Operator
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compound or process ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- Read work orders to determine production specifications or information.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Mix or blend ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials, such as spices, dough batter, tobacco, fruit juices, chemicals, livestock feed, food products, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $38,880 with most people making between $24,840 and $57,440
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 8,150 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 7,920 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 180 replacement openings for approximately 180 total annual openings.
- Pharmaceutical and Medicine Manufacturing $33,940
- Soap, Cleaning Compound, and Toilet Preparation Manufacturing $32,900
- Paint, Coating, and Adhesive Manufacturing $35,120
- Other Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing $34,610
- Cement and Concrete Product Manufacturing $33,000
- Animal Food Manufacturing $29,440
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Logging Equipment Operators
- Pile-Driver Operators
- Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Wellhead Pumpers