Calculate, measure, load, mix, and process refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels and monitor production process. Perform, and keep records of, plant maintenance, repairs, and safety inspections.
- Biodiesel Process Control Technician
- Biodiesel Processing Technician
- Biodiesel Production Associate
- Biodiesel Production Technician
- Biofuels Processing Technician
- Biofuels Production Associate
- Biofuels Production Technician
- Biomass Plant Technician
- Board Operator
- Chemical Operator
- Monitor batch, continuous flow, or hybrid biofuels production processes.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
- Monitor and record biofuels processing data.
- Collect biofuels samples and perform routine laboratory tests or analyses to assess biofuels quality.
- Operate equipment, such as a centrifuge, to extract biofuels products and secondary by-products or reusable fractions.
- Process refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels.
- Operate chemical processing equipment for the production of biofuels.
- Monitor and record flow meter performance.
- Inspect biofuels plant or processing equipment regularly, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Measure and monitor raw biofuels feedstock.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Achievement and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $53,130 with most people making between $36,390 and $73,350
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 230 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 220 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.