Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of mechanics, installers, and repairers.
- Air-Conditioning Installer Supervisor
- Air Conditioning Supervisor
- Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
- Airport Maintenance Chief
- Airport Skilled Maintenance Supervisor
- Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
- Appliance Service Supervisor
- Artillery Maintenance Supervisor
- Assistant Director of Plant Operations
- Auto Fleet Maintenance Manager
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Working Conditions and Achievement in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $63,790 with most people making between $36,890 and $95,240
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 16,180 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 16,980 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 80 openings due to growth and about 320 replacement openings for approximately 400 total annual openings.
Career and Technology Center5224 Bayshore RoadOregon, OH 43616
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Food Service Managers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- First-Line Supervisors of Aquacultural Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Ship and Boat Captains
- Ship Engineers