Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
- Authorization Coordinator
- Authorization Representative
- Chargeback Specialist
- Claims Correspondence Clerk
- Collection Correspondent
- Commercial Correspondent
- Correspondence Analyst
- Correspondence Clerk
- Correspondence Coordinator
- Correspondence Dictator
- Present clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Process orders for goods requested in correspondence.
- Compose correspondence requesting medical information and records.
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Obtain written authorization to access required medical information.
- Ensure that money collected is properly recorded and secured.
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Compute costs of records furnished to requesters, and write letters to obtain payment.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $34,580 with most people making between $19,940 and $48,630
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 300 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 260 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.
This occupation requires a Gold certificate
- Bill and Account Collectors
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Credit Checkers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Insurance Claims Clerks
- Office Clerks, General