Compile information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
- Departmental Buyer
- Film Replacement Orderer
- Procurement Agent
- Procurement Analyst
- Procurement Assistant
- Procurement Clerk
- Procurement Coordinator
- Procurement Officer
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Approve and pay bills.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Support in their jobs.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Ohio was $41,270 with most people making between $26,280 and $55,950
During 2016, this occupation employed approximately 3,890 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 3,870 employed in 2026.
This occupation will have about -1 openings due to growth and about 411 replacement openings for approximately 410 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
This occupation requires a Bronze certificate
- Tax Preparers
- Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Municipal Clerks
- Credit Authorizers
- Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Legal Secretaries
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Insurance Claims Clerks