Receive orders, generally in person, for repairs, rentals, and services. May describe available options, compute costs, and accept payment.
- Airplane Charter Clerk
- Apartment Rental Clerk
- Apparel Rental Clerk
- Automobile Rental Clerk
- Auto Rental Clerk
- Baby Stroller and Wheelchair Rental Clerk
- Baby Stroller Rental Clerk
- Bicycle Rental Clerk
- Boat Rental Clerk
- Greet customers and discuss the type, quality, and quantity of merchandise sought for rental.
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.
- Answer telephones to provide information and receive orders.
- Provide information about rental items, such as availability, operation, or description.
- Rent items, arrange for provision of services to customers, and accept returns.
- Inspect and adjust rental items to meet needs of customer.
- Explain rental fees, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare rental forms, obtaining customer signature and other information, such as required licenses.
- Keep records of transactions and of the number of customers entering an establishment.
- Reserve items for requested times and keep records of items rented.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $26,450 with most people making between $18,060 and $39,880
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 16,320 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 16,570 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 25 openings due to growth and about 405 replacement openings for approximately 430 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Pharmacy Aides
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Gaming Change Persons and Booth Cashiers
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Transportation Attendants, Except Flight Attendants