Directly supervise and coordinate activities of sales workers other than retail sales workers. May perform duties such as budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
- Advertising Material Distributors Supervisor
- Agency Manager
- Area Sales Manager
- Artificial Breeding Distributor
- Associate Director of Sales
- Auto Parts Manager
- Block Captain
- Blood Donor Recruiter Supervisor
- Bowling or Skating Desk Clerk Supervisor
- Branch Manager
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel.
- Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties.
- Monitor sales staff performance to ensure that goals are met.
- Formulate pricing policies on merchandise according to profitability requirements.
- Hire, train, and evaluate personnel.
- Analyze details of sales territories to assess their growth potential and to set quotas.
- Attend company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments.
- Prepare sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments.
- Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign employees to specific duties.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Working Conditions and Relationships in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Ohio was $80,390 with most people making between $36,940 and $136,650
During 2016, this occupation employed approximately 13,200 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 13,670 employed in 2026.
This occupation will have about 47 openings due to growth and about 1,193 replacement openings for approximately 1,240 total annual openings.
- Depository Credit Intermediation $63,760
- Business Support Services $54,880
- Machinery, Equipment, and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers $80,670
- Agencies, Brokerages, and Other Insurance Related Activities $94,260
- Professional and Commercial Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers $98,570
- Insurance Carriers $82,120
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Financial Services
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Real Estate Sales Agents