Perform variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
- Activities Attendant
- Alley Worker
- Amusement or Recreation Card Checker
- Amusement Park Worker
- Animal Ride Attendant
- Animal Rides Manager
- Arcade Attendant
- Artificial Snow Making Machine Operator
- Athletic Equipment Manager
- Sell tickets and collect fees from customers.
- Sell and serve refreshments to customers.
- Operate machines to clean, smooth, and prepare the ice surfaces of rinks for activities such as skating, hockey, or curling.
- Operate, drive, or explain the use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals, or recreation areas.
- Record details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities.
- Provide assistance to patrons entering or exiting amusement rides, boats, or ski lifts, or mounting or dismounting animals.
- Rent, sell, or issue sporting equipment and supplies, such as bowling shoes, golf balls, swimming suits, or beach chairs.
- Provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
- Fasten safety devices for patrons, or provide them with directions for fastening devices.
- Direct patrons to rides, seats, or attractions.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Relationships in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $20,920 with most people making between $17,920 and $24,850
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 9,620 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 10,290 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 67 openings due to growth and about 403 replacement openings for approximately 470 total annual openings.
Career and Technology Center5224 Bayshore RoadOregon, OH 43616
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Gaming Change Persons and Booth Cashiers
- Counter and Rental Clerks