Serve food to individuals outside of a restaurant environment, such as in hotel rooms, hospital rooms, residential care facilities, or cars.
- Boat Hop
- Car Attendant
- Car Hop
- Cotton Candy Maker
- Curb Attendant
- Curb Hop
- Diet Aid
- Diet Aide
- Dietary Aid
- Examine trays to ensure that they contain required items.
- Place food servings on plates or trays according to orders or instructions.
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
- Load trays with accessories such as eating utensils, napkins, or condiments.
- Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Monitor food preparation or serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
- Take food orders and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
- Carry food, silverware, or linen on trays or use carts to carry trays.
- Determine where patients or patrons would like to eat their meals and help them get situated.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SRE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Realistic and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $21,860 with most people making between $17,990 and $28,690
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 14,260 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 16,340 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 208 openings due to growth and about 352 replacement openings for approximately 560 total annual openings.
Career and Technology Center5224 Bayshore RoadOregon, OH 43616
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
This occupation requires a Bronze certificate
- Food Preparation Workers
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Funeral Attendants
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Library Assistants, Clerical