Prepare, plan, and operate multimedia teaching aids for use in education. May record, catalogue, and file materials.
- Audio Video Technician
- Audio-Visual Arts Director
- Audio-Visual Collections Coordinator
- Audio Visual Coordinator
- Audio-Visual Director
- Audiovisual Production Specialist
- Audio Visual Secretary
- Audio Visual Specialist
- Audio-Visual Specialist
- Audio Visual Technician
- Set up, adjust, and operate audio-visual equipment, such as cameras, film and slide projectors, and recording equipment, for meetings, events, classes, seminars, and video conferences.
- Maintain hardware and software, including computers, scanners, color copiers, and color laser printers.
- Install audio-visual equipment.
- Instruct users in the selection, use, and design of audio-visual materials and assist them in the preparation of instructional materials and the rehearsal of presentations.
- Plan and prepare audio-visual teaching aids and methods for use in school systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assistants and other personnel during production.
- Determine formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums necessary to meet production objectives effectively and within budgetary constraints.
- Confer with teachers to select course materials and to determine which training aids are best suited to particular grade levels.
- Perform simple maintenance tasks, such as cleaning monitors and lenses and changing batteries and light bulbs.
- Acquire, catalog, and maintain collections of audio-visual material such as films, video- and audio-tapes, photographs, and software programs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $48,300 with most people making between $19,860 and $93,160
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 270 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 280 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Radiologic Technologists
- Radiologic Technicians
- Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Fire Inspectors
- Police Identification and Records Officers
- Medical Appliance Technicians