Develop tools, implement designs, or integrate machinery, equipment, or computer technologies to ensure effective manufacturing processes.
- Business Process Analyst
- Manufacturing Coordinator
- Manufacturing Engineering Technologist
- Manufacturing Planner
- Manufacturing Specialist
- Manufacturing Technologist
- Manufacturing Technology Analyst
- Product Manager
- Tool Planner
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and practices.
- Monitor manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality.
- Recommend corrective or preventive actions to assure or improve product quality or reliability.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in quality, cost, or efficiency of automation equipment.
- Plan, estimate, or schedule production work.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment, materials, or components.
- Identify or implement new or sustainable manufacturing technologies, processes, or equipment.
- Develop or maintain programs associated with automated production equipment.
- Estimate manufacturing costs.
- Prepare layouts, drawings, or sketches of machinery or equipment, such as shop tooling, scale layouts, or new equipment design, using drafting equipment or computer-aided design (CAD) software.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RIC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Investigative and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $60,140 with most people making between $35,190 and $93,850
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 3,560 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 3,590 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 3 openings due to growth and about 87 replacement openings for approximately 90 total annual openings.
- Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services $54,030
- Scientific Research and Development Services $56,460
- Employment Services $54,130
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools $52,080
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing $54,750
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services $67,050