Assist industrial engineers in such activities as quality control, inventory control, or material flow methods. May conduct statistical studies or analyze production costs.
- Advanced Computer Aided Design Specialist (Advanced CAD Specialist)
- Advanced Diagnostics Engineering Specialist
- Advanced Manufacturing Consultant
- Assistant Manager Quality Management
- Associate Product Integrity Engineer
- Efficiency Analyst
- Efficiency Expert
- Engineering Technologist
- Head of Operation and Logistics
- Industrial Engineering Analyst
- Interpret engineering drawings, sketches, or diagrams.
- Conduct time and motion studies to identify opportunities to improve worker efficiency.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Analyze operational, production, economic, or other data, using statistical procedures.
- Oversee or inspect production processes.
- Analyze, estimate, or report production costs.
- Develop or conduct quality control tests to ensure consistent production quality.
- Compile operational data to develop cost or time estimates, schedules, or specifications.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: IRC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests, but also prefer Realistic and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $60,140 with most people making between $35,190 and $93,850
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 3,560 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 3,590 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 3 openings due to growth and about 87 replacement openings for approximately 90 total annual openings.
- Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services $54,030
- Scientific Research and Development Services $56,460
- Employment Services $54,130
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools $52,080
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing $54,750
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services $67,050