Apply knowledge of health care and database management to analyze clinical data, and to identify and report trends.
- Clinical Biostatistics Director
- Clinical Data Abstractor
- Clinical Data Analyst
- Clinical Data Associate
- Clinical Data Coordinator
- Clinical Data Management Associate Director (CDM Associate Director)
- Clinical Data Management Director (CDM Management Director)
- Clinical Data Management Manager (CDM Manager)
- Clinical Data Manager
- Clinical Documentation Consultant
- Design and validate clinical databases, including designing or testing logic checks.
- Process clinical data, including receipt, entry, verification, or filing of information.
- Generate data queries, based on validation checks or errors and omissions identified during data entry, to resolve identified problems.
- Develop project-specific data management plans that address areas such as coding, reporting, or transfer of data, database locks, and work flow processes.
- Monitor work productivity or quality to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Prepare appropriate formatting to data sets as requested.
- Design forms for receiving, processing, or tracking data.
- Prepare data analysis listings and activity, performance, or progress reports.
- Confer with end users to define or implement clinical system requirements such as data release formats, delivery schedules, and testing protocols.
- Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, or proper usage of clinical systems and data.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Support and Recognition in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Medicine and Dentistry - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $84,770 with most people making between $52,350 and $124,160
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 880 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 1,160 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 28 openings due to growth and about 12 replacement openings for approximately 40 total annual openings.
- Scientific Research and Development Services $85,730
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools $69,160
- Insurance Carriers $69,420
- Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services $73,210
- General Medical and Surgical Hospitals $54,150
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services $77,050