Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
- Analytical Data Miner
- Business Analyst
- Business Database Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Business Systems Consultant
- Commercial Intelligence Manager
- Competitive Intelligence Analyst
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Identify and analyze industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources.
- Analyze technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Identify or monitor current and potential customers, using business intelligence tools.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: IEC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Recognition in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $78,430 with most people making between $37,660 and $116,750
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 7,520 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 7,590 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 7 openings due to growth and about 93 replacement openings for approximately 100 total annual openings.