Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
- Accounting Supervisor
- Budget Analyst
- Budget Coordinator
- Budget Engineer
- Budget Examiner
- Budget Officer
- Cost Accountant
- Cost Analyst
- Financial Services Officer
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Match appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for broader programs, including items for emergency funds.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CEI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Working Conditions, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $75,000 with most people making between $49,860 and $105,090
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,500 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 1,510 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about 39 replacement openings for approximately 40 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools $63,860
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing $78,750
- Elementary and Secondary Schools $62,560
- Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services $78,090
- General Medical and Surgical Hospitals $67,640
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services $78,200