Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
- Account Auditor
- Accounting Auditor
- Asset Analyst
- Assurance Manager
- Assurance Senior
- Audit Associate
- Audit Manager
- Audit Partner
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Supervise auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Inspect cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CEI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Achievement and Recognition in their jobs.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Ohio was $72,370 with most people making between $41,820 and $110,970
During 2016, this occupation employed approximately 47,430 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 49,960 employed in 2026.
This occupation will have about 253 openings due to growth and about 4,237 replacement openings for approximately 4,490 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
River View High School26496 STATE ROUTE 60WARSAW, OH 43844
- Accounting, Tax Preparation, Bookkeeping, and Payroll Services $74,250
- Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services $74,860
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools $56,690
- Insurance Carriers $66,910
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services $75,670
- Other Financial Investment Activities $81,900
This occupation requires a Bronze certificate