Design or analyze operational solutions for projects such as transportation optimization, network modeling, process and methods analysis, cost containment, capacity enhancement, routing and shipment optimization, or information management.
- Review contractual commitments, customer specifications, or related information to determine logistics or support requirements.
- Determine logistics support requirements, such as facility details, staffing needs, or safety or maintenance plans.
- Propose logistics solutions for customers.
- Direct the work of logistics analysts.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current or future logistical processes.
- Evaluate the use of inventory tracking technology, Web-based warehousing software, or intelligent conveyor systems to maximize plant or distribution center efficiency.
- Provide logistics technology or information for effective and efficient support of product, equipment, or system manufacturing or service.
- Develop logistic metrics, internal analysis tools, or key performance indicators for business units.
- Analyze or interpret logistics data involving customer service, forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, inventory, transportation, or warehousing.
- Prepare or validate documentation on automated logistics or maintenance-data reporting or management information systems.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ICR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Recognition in their jobs.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $76,410 with most people making between $46,650 and $110,010
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 5,790 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 5,880 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 9 openings due to growth and about 81 replacement openings for approximately 90 total annual openings.
- Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services $66,850
- Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing $73,380
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services $77,520
- Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services $70,480
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing $75,900
- General Freight Trucking $50,780