Analyze and coordinate the logistical functions of a firm or organization. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in, or directly relevant to, a logistics activity.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Manage subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as liaisons between subcontractors and organizations.
- Develop proposals that include documentation for estimates.
- Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks, and service agreements.
- Direct availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
- Explain proposed solutions to customers, management, or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations.
- Redesign the movement of goods to maximize value and minimize costs.
- Perform managerial duties such as hiring and training employees and overseeing facility needs or requirements.
- Direct team activities, establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Achievement and Recognition in their jobs.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $76,410 with most people making between $46,650 and $110,010
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 5,790 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 5,880 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 9 openings due to growth and about 81 replacement openings for approximately 90 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
- Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services $66,850
- Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing $73,380
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services $77,520
- Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services $70,480
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing $75,900
- General Freight Trucking $50,780
- Treasurers and Controllers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Financial Examiners
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers