Investigate or inspect government property to ensure compliance with contract agreements and government regulations.
- Adjustment Examiner
- Airport Operations Officer
- Asset Manager
- Compliance Analyst
- Compliance Coordinator
- Environmental Specialist
- Government Gauger
- Housing Inspector
- Prepare correspondence, reports of inspections or investigations or recommendations for action.
- Investigate alleged license or permit violations.
- Examine records, reports, or other documents to establish facts or detect discrepancies.
- Inspect government property, such as construction sites or public housing, to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Inspect manufactured or processed products to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Collect, identify, evaluate, or preserve case evidence.
- Submit samples of products to government laboratories for testing, as required.
- Inspect government-owned equipment or materials in the possession of private contractors to ensure compliance with contracts or regulations or to prevent misuse.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits.
- Recommend legal or administrative action to protect government property.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CER.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Relationships in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $63,820 with most people making between $35,750 and $98,710
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 6,570 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 6,850 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 28 openings due to growth and about 92 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
This occupation requires a Silver certificate
- Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Licensing Examiners and Inspectors
- Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Fire Inspectors
- Police Identification and Records Officers
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- Agricultural Inspectors
- Construction and Building Inspectors
- Airfield Operations Specialists