Plan, direct, or coordinate gaming operations in a casino. May formulate house rules.
- Assistant Casino Shift Manager
- Baccarat Manager
- Bingo Manager
- Cardroom Manager
- Card Room Manager
- Casino Manager
- Casino Shift Manager
- Craps Manager
- Department Head
- Remove suspected cheaters, such as card counters or other players who may have systems that shift the odds of winning to their favor.
- Circulate among gaming tables to ensure that operations are conducted properly, that dealers follow house rules, or that players are not cheating.
- Explain and interpret house rules, such as game rules or betting limits.
- Track supplies of money to tables and perform any required paperwork.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding problems such as payout errors.
- Market or promote the casino to bring in business.
- Prepare work schedules and station arrangements and keep attendance records.
- Set and maintain a bank and table limit for each game.
- Maintain familiarity with all games used at a facility, as well as strategies or tricks employed in those games.
- Monitor staffing levels to ensure that games and tables are adequately staffed for each shift, arranging for staff rotations and breaks and locating substitute employees as necessary.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Ohio was $69,240 with most people making between $45,990 and $113,300
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
- General and Operations Managers
- Sales Managers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Food Service Managers
- Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Emergency Management Directors
- Gaming Supervisors
- Insurance Sales Agents
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers