Direct and coordinate financial activities of workers in a branch, office, or department of an establishment, such as branch bank, brokerage firm, risk and insurance department, or credit department.
- Examine, evaluate, or process loan applications.
- Approve, reject, or coordinate the approval or rejection of lines of credit or commercial, real estate, or personal loans.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of workers in branches, offices, or departments of establishments, such as branch banks, brokerage firms, risk and insurance departments, or credit departments.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Oversee the flow of cash or financial instruments.
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or boards of directors.
- Develop or analyze information to assess the current or future financial status of firms.
- Recruit staff members.
- Communicate with stockholders or other investors to provide information or to raise capital.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting or collection procedures, or investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, or other financial control functions.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Working Conditions, but also value Independence and Recognition in their jobs.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Ohio was $132,360
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 21,580 people in Ohio. It is projected that there will be 22,680 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 110 openings due to growth and about 510 replacement openings for approximately 620 total annual openings.
John Marshall High School3952 WEST 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH 44111
- Depository Credit Intermediation $96,070
- Insurance Carriers $127,540
- Accounting, Tax Preparation, Bookkeeping, and Payroll Services $143,910
- Other Financial Investment Activities $168,640
- Nondepository Credit Intermediation $116,650
- Securities and Commodity Contracts Intermediation and Brokerage $159,830
This occupation requires a Platinum certificate
- Treasurers and Controllers
- Human Resources Managers
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Loan Officers
- Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Sales Agents, Financial Services
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers